[windows2000] Re: What could be slowing down our Internet access

  • From: "Timothy Mangan" <tmangan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 16:00:35 -0400

Rod,

Well then I think you should look at the router to your ISP.  Hopefully you
have someone who knows the password and where to look.  On anything like
this I always like to look at how the ISP link is operating.  25 users over
a T1 should be fine normally, but if you see the link is congested then you
want to figure out what type of traffic it is and where it is coming from.

Also consider what may have changed around the time of the problem.  Both
things like DNS servers as well as hubs and switches.  Good luck!

tim