[windows2000] Re: What could be slowing down our Internet access

  • From: "Mark Edwards" <medwards@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 14:31:25 -0500

You have ICMP replies disabled on your router/firewall as a security
measure. You may need someone who has experience with your particular
type of router (Cisco?) to take a look if you really want to know what
is happening to the traffic. We had a similar situation here at our
bank, and the problem was from a STP loop between our routers. We'd
still be wondering what was wrong if I had to figure that out myself :/

Mark