[windows2000] Re: What could be slowing down our Internet access

  • From: "Brian Anderson" <BAnderson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 16:39:08 -0500

is it just those users? How is it for you? What is your connection to the
Internet? Check their machines to see if they're running
Kazaa/filesharing/spyware progs that may be hogging bandwidth.

Check the sites they're going to also. I've had users complain in the past of
"the internet being slow" when it turns out that it's just the particular sites
they're wanting to visit.

Other than that, if you have any traffic monitoring software, or run access
thru a proxy, check that. Or if all else fails, check with your carrier to see
if there's any physical problem with the actual lines.