[windows2000] Re: Wake on LAN

  • From: "Nail, Larry" <lnail@xxxxxx>
  • To: "'windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 10:28:02 -0600

Greg, there are a bunch of utilities to do it, plus you can script it with
VBScript... Note that some system BIOS' have a on / off switch for WOL that
you might want to check out too.

My biggest disappointment with WOL is that the vendors have not built WOL
into their products.  I'd love to see it in a backup suite so I could just
tell my folks to turn their PC's off in the evening... Imagine the
electricity savings if I was able to turn off a few thousand PC's an
evening.

Larry