[windows2000] Re: WSUS configuration

  • From: "Sullivan, Glenn" <GSullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 11:09:24 -0500

Not really...

You can specify that the user be reprompted every so often to reboot
though...

Glenn Sullivan, MCSE+I MCDBA
David Clark Company Inc.

________________________________

From: windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dave stevens
Posted At: Tuesday, December 13, 2005 10:59 AM
Posted To: Windows 2000
Conversation: [windows2000] Re: WSUS configuration
Subject: [windows2000] Re: WSUS configuration

Thanks Glenn.
Would that option in GPO give the user the ability to suspend a reboot
or is the user not prompted with the option? If it gives the user the
option to reboot later, can a forced reboot be applied if the has not
been rebooted after about 8hrs after patch applied.?

Thanks

Dave

"Sullivan, Glenn" <GSullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

        Sure...

        The only time W SUS will only install one patch at a time is
when the patch in question is required for the proper use of WSUS.

        So, the first time they all connect, your clients will probably
install the BITS update, and the Windows Installer update.

        But after that, they will download the whole lot (or what can be
done in one sitting... for example, SP2 has to be done by itself.)

        As to the restart option, set this Group Policy option:
        No Auto-restart for scheduled Automatic Update installations -
Enabled

        HTH,
        Glenn Sullivan, MCSE+I MCDBA
        David Clark Company Inc.

________________________________

        From: windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dave stevens
        Posted At: Tues day, December 13, 2005 10:25 AM
        Posted To: Windows 2000
        Conversation: [windows2000] WSUS configuration
        Subject: [windows2000] WSUS configuration

        Hi Guys,

        Just installed WSUS, and from what I can see loads of pc's on
our network have not been patched in quite a while. Which means I have a
lot of work pushing stuff out.

        My question, is there a way to push out more than 1 update and
have the pc's restart only once. Also is it possible to have the user
control when the pc should be restarted after the update has been
installed, and by whom.

        Thanks

        Dave

        Yahoo! Shopping
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/footer/shopping/*http://shopping.yahoo.c
om/;_ylc=X3oDMTE2bzVzaHJtBF9TAzk1OTQ5NjM2BHNlYwNtYWlsdGFnBHNsawNob2xpZGF
5LTA1>