[windows2000] Re: WSUS configuration

  • From: "Sullivan, Glenn" <GSullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 10:35:41 -0500

The only time WSUS will only install one patch at a time is when the
patch in question is required for the proper use of WSUS.
So, the first time they all connect, your clients will probably install
the BITS update, and the Windows Installer update.
But after that, they will download the whole lot (or what can be done in
one sitting... for example, SP2 has to be done by itself.)
As to the restart option, set this Group Policy option:
No Auto-restart for scheduled Automatic Update installations - Enabled

Glenn Sullivan, MCSE+I MCDBA
David Clark Company Inc.

From: windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dave stevens
Posted At: Tuesday, December 13, 2005 10:25 AM
Posted To: Windows 2000
Conversation: [windows2000] WSUS configuration
Subject: [windows2000] WSUS configuration

Hi Guys,
Just installed WSUS, and from what I can see loads of pc's on our
network have not been patched in quite a while. Which means I have a lot
of work pushing stuff out.
My question, is there a way to push out more than 1 update and have the
pc's restart only once. Also is it possible to have the user control
when the pc should be restarted after the update has been installed, and
by whom.

Yahoo! Shopping