[windows2000] WMSDE from Sharepoint Services vs MS SQL Server Express Edition

  • From: "Sorin Srbu" <sorin.srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2006 17:33:28 +0200

List,

Is the WMSDE in Sharepoint Services 2.0 the same thing as the free MS SQL
Server Express Edition. I can't find this info anywhere... Reason for asking is
that the WSS+WMSDE  out-of-the-box solution doesn't support any search-feature.

BW
         Sorin
http://home-skynet.servehttp.com/
Still a proud member of TEAM OS/2.
Mountainbiker [Kona Kilauea - Member of Equipe Les Cafards VTT]
Motorcyclist [BMW R100RT-'91]
MCSE, MCP+I, MCP, A+ [Knowledge is power!]

/\

It has removed 483 spam emails to date.