[windows2000] W2K Server and W2K3 Server question

  • From: "Dan Hutchison" <hutchison@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 11:04:59 -0400

I know that in W2K Server, once you create you domain in AD, you can't
change it without killing off the AD and starting over.  There was talk
that this would be changed with W2K3 Server - that youd be able to
change the domain in AD without having to recreate the AD.  Anyone know
if this is true or not?  I'm about to tie 4 W2K servers into one WAN /
Forest - and whoever set them up gave them all totally different
domains, and I need to make them fall under a common one.

Any help will be most appreciated.

Dan Hutchison
IT Administrator
Quality Life Services