[windows2000] Re: Vista profile issues

  • From: "Jim Kenzig" <jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 07:22:51 -0400

Ah yes that is another issue.  You didn't say you were using mandatory
profiles.   The issue is that there is a folder called Locallovw in the
profile on the machine that will NEVER roam and if you delete the local
cached version of the profile you foul it up.  That folder needs to stay on
the workstation for things like java and host of other programs to work. You
could try and copy your profile to workstation and copy the locallow folder
into it and see if that user can log in.  Mandatory profiles are a real
problem on Vista especially if you need to run java apps. There was a time
you could just dump the sun folder into the Application data folder in the
profile and it would roam so you didn't have to download it again. No more
it is now called appdata and resides within the locallow folder which as I
said can and will never ever be able to roam.

Jim