[windows2000] Virus/Worm via Messenger Service?

  • From: Scott Ehrlich <scott@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 09:58:03 -0400

Last night around 5pm EST we received a Messenger Service window from a
host called WX2.   Most people, across subnets, received a poem, credited
to Henry Cuyler Bunner (1855-1896) will a hallmark of "Provided by

Of our two NT 4 domain controllers, one received the message intact, the
other just received "Message from WX2 to <domain controller> on 10/3/2002
<timestamp>" but no body of the message.

Anyone heard of anything like that?

nbtstat shows no such host, as does nslookup.

Thanks for any insight.