[windows2000] Re: Virtual Server 2005 and duplicate SIDs

  • From: Patrick <london31uk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2007 07:01:19 -0700 (PDT)

  Thanks guys. I will try this out. We are currently reviewing Virtual Server
as part of our DR plan, and I tell you this Virtual thing is the way to go.
  Thanks  a lot

Berny Stapleton <berny@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  I have always gone through and done a sysprep build and just copy and
pasted the image as required when building servers. Also, if you have
a RIS server somewhere on the network, you can network boot your
virtual servers and build them that way.

On 03/09/07, Patrick wrote:
> Hi Guys,
> A bit new to the virtual world so maybe someone can throw some light on
> what I am trying to archive.
> I have a virtual network with 3 windows 2003 servers, all from 1 virtual
> machine image. I have just created a domain and tried to add the other 2
> servers, but it keep erroring with SID issues. I guess it sees all 3 servers
> are the same even after renaming them.
> My question, is there anyway to get around this, cos I do not want to have
> to reinstall a new server everytime I need a new one. I should be able to
> take and image and rename it, or am I mixing things up?
> Thanks

Building a website is a piece of cake.