[windows2000] Re: VISTA and IE - User permission levels

  • From: "Jim Kenzig ThinHelp.com" <jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 10:14:09 -0500

Vista's UAC control is on by default for all users, even the admin.  When
elevated privileges are needed the UAC will prompt for them. If you are
logged on as admin you will not need to enter in any credentials. So yes the
admin account IE will have same permissions until you change it.
Jim

On 2/13/07, Davey B <db1001ster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Question about VISTA and IE7 ....
If you are a using an administrator account for surfing the web does vista
downgrade you to a non-admin level for the purpose of surfing ?

I thought I read something about this as a "New !, Improved ! Lower TCO !,
Higher ROI !" thing that vista did for security ... but I'm reeling from too
much marketing BS.

Point is one application works on XP but fails on VISTA and I'm wondering
if there is some setting somewhere .. perhaps like the user account control
that would need tweaking. Gut feeling says this application is failing as it
can't do something a XP admin can do by default

Any suggestion ( Apart from locking my computer in a thermo-nuclear bunker
or using Gods* own choice of browser rather than Satans IE7) gleefully
received. ;->

Davey

* Insert Deity of your choice here

--