[windows2000] Re: Ultrabac

  • From: Steve Snyder <kwajalein@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 07:49:01 +1200

I reviewed their product a few years ago in a head-to-head comparison
against arcserve, bu exec, legato and omniback. Seemed to be pretty
decent, though I didn't use it because they didn't do brick level
backups of Exchange at the time, and they relied on windows drivers
for the tape device (slows down the backup speed somewhat compared to
bu software with built-in support for your hardware). I believe that
you can get a fully-functioning trial version from them.

I was mainly impressed that their entire kit'n'kaboodle (all options
and documentation) came on 2 floppy disks.

hth