[windows2000] Re: The right place?

  • From: "Sullivan, Glenn" <GSullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 15:10:26 -0400

Start->
Programs->
Administrative Tools->
Computer Management

Expand "Computer Management (Local)"
Expand "Services and Applications"
Expand "Internet Information Service"
Expand "Web Sites"
Right click on a web site, and click "Properties"
Under "Enable Logging" click "Properties"
Click the "Extended Properties" tab
Click "Help"

Voila!

To answer your specific question:
cs-method = The action the client was trying to perform (for example, a GET
command)

cs-uri-stem = The resource accessed: for example, an HTML page, a CGI program,
or a script.

cs-uri-query = The query, if any, the client was trying to perform; that is,
one or more search strings for which the client was seeking a match.

sc-status = The status of the action, in HTTP terms.

sc(user-agent) = The browser used on the client.

HTH,

Glenn Sullivan, MCSE+I  MCDBA
David Clark Company Inc.

________________________________

From: windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mauricio Fernandez
Posted At: Friday, October 22, 2004 2:39 PM
Posted To: Windows 2000
Conversation: [windows2000] The right place?
Subject: [windows2000] The right place?

I think that finally I found the right list for me. Thanks again for the help

One more question:

Anybody knows where can I find documentation about the structure of the IIS log
files? Because there are some columns like cs-method, cs-uri-stem,
cs-uri-query, sc-status and sc(user-agent) that I cannot understand.

Thanks again

Mauricio Fernández S.

IT Manager

FDTA - Valles