[windows2000] TaskPlus Network Share error

  • From: "Chris Berry" <compjma@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 12:22:55 -0800

    I use a program called TaskPlus, which is basically free calendar and
task management software.  It works fine when installed locally or when I'm
under the admin account, but if I install it on a network drive and attempt
to access it as a normal user I get an error when trying to change task
categories.  I already gave that user full control of the installation
directory, so I'm a bit confused.  The actual error is:

Access violation at address 00430454 in module 'taskplus0.exe'. Read of
address 00098053.

This program is free, and it kicks ass, I'd like to allow the managers here
to use it, but I need to figure out what's going wrong with the network
install because they move around alot.  Does anyone have any idea what the
problem is?

Chris Berry
compjma@xxxxxxxxxxx
Systems Administrator
JM Associates

"Live dangerously, overclock your servers."