[windows2000] TS users getting "You do not have access to logon to this session" error message

  • From: "Rod Falanga" <rfalanga@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <WINDOWS2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 11:44:10 -0600

For some reason, which doesn't make any sense to me, external users who used to
be able to connect to us using Terminal Services, now cannot.  They are using
the TS client (which I installed) on their Windows 2000 Professional machines.
They bring up the client (I have it set up to automatically go into one of our
applications), enter they username and password (and I have checked; our domain
is there), but then it doesn't go through.  Instead they get an error message
that says,

"Logon Message
You do not have access to logon to this Session."

I have checked on Microsoft's Knowledge Base and found the article which I
thought would fix the problem.  It is article 224395.  I did what it suggested,
which was to add the relevant group on the Permissions tab of the Terminal
Services Configuration.  However, after doing that the users are still getting
the same error message.

Why?

Rod Falanga
http://amci.unm.edu