[windows2000] Re: Sus and apache?

  • From: "Alfonso Lopez de Ayala" <alopezdeayala@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 12:42:41 -0700

Has anyone of you ever applied the hisecdc.inf security template (in
Group Policy) on a Win2K DC?  Ok... me too... but then... did
mysteriously every single other service & 3-rd party software on the box
cease to function properly and give you more problems than hours in the
day you have to troubleshoot -- mostly undocumented things by then?

Wonder if having everything "enabled by default" on server software
(that by default is not supposed to be for non-technical folks) is not
because in their tests it didn't work otherwise and the marketing folks
said there's no more time and it has to go to market -- also, you spend
forever trying to discover what IS the stuff enabled by default and
disable it praying it doesn't screw up some unexpected, way unrelated
service elsewhere.

IT is still in its infancy.  Can't wait till 2040 and beyond!

A.-