[windows2000] Re: Sus and apache?

  • From: "Costanzo, Ray" <rcostanzo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 15:33:40 -0400

You know, none of this matter.  Apache, IIS, Windows 2000, Unix, whatever.
Do you know how often we reboot our AS/400?  Never.  Well, except for when
the giant UPS catches on fire...  But, while I know next to nothing about
AS/400's, I do at least know that it puts all of our other systems to shame.
That damn machine is getting pounded in so many different ways every single
second of the day, and I have NEVER seen it fail once.  It's unreal.  I
think the only time I see the thing actually powered off is when we're
wheeling in a new one every two years.  I wish I were a lot older and grew
up learning all the AS/400 stuff, so I could do more than just stand there
and look at it in admiration while feeling intimidated.

the system manager.