[windows2000] Re: Streaming video/remote control

  • From: "Condon, Mike" <M1C@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 10:51:31 -0600

Well it's sort of a moving target, but the culture of our organization is
like that. Here's part of the original message with some elaboration:

We are looking at showing a live presentation at a remote building (at LAN
speeds - Gig backbone, 100mbps to the desktop), simultaneously having
streaming video of the presenter via QuickTime on top of remote control
software (at this time, PCAnywhere, XP/2000/NT version) showing the
accompanying PowerPoint presentation. The PP presentation
may have some video within it.

A straight web cam would be acceptable, showing the presenter if the video
quality/performance is pretty good. The physical logistics are this: it's
just a guy in an auditorium at a podium in front of a large screen giving a
PP presentation. I'm not sure who came up with the nutty Picture-In-Picture
idea, but we can kick that to the curb.

So for now, to narrow things down, I'll leave out the network/hardware end &
just ask if anyone can recommend a WebCam capable of doing this. Honestly, I
don't get to use cool stuff like that - just routers, AS400's & servers.
Until now.