[windows2000] Re: Streaming video/remote control

  • From: "Chris Berry" <compjma@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2003 17:23:37 -0800

From: "Condon, Mike" <M1C@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
We are looking at showing a live presentation at a remote building (still at
LAN speeds - Gig backbone, 100mbps to the desktop), simultaneously having
streaming video of the presenter via QuickTime on top of remote control
software (at this time, PCAnywhere, XP/2000/NT version) showing the
accompanying PowerPoint presentation . The results have been less than
spectacular. The problem comes in when the PP presentation has video content
within it. Are we overrunning the capabilities of PCAnywhere, or is the
constraint on the PC hardware end?

PCAnywhere's display protocol isn't designed to handle that kind of load. Why are you trying to do it this way?

Chris Berry
compjma@xxxxxxxxxxx
Systems Administrator
JM Associates

"Live dangerously, overclock your servers."

MSN Shopping upgraded for the holidays! Snappier product search... http://shopping.msn.com