[windows2000] Re: Storage Solutions

  • From: "Andrew Shriner" <aShriner@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 11:00:43 -0400

I've been seriously considering building a couple of "servers" that are
a TB or so each this summer for data storage... I'll probably use either
IDE or SATA RAID for it... I can't really find any redundancy issues
with it.

Drew

>>> jimkenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx 06/16/04 10:54AM >>>
Another cheap way to go that we have started to do to REPLACE our
snapservers that we have had for years is to set up a workstation with
couple of 200 gig ide drives and they now make ide raid controllers.
You
can set up a terabyte system for around $1000 this way and still have
the
redundancy you need
JK