[windows2000] Re: Sql 2000 question

  • From: "Ray Costanzo" <ray@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 09:06:33 -0500

Hi Patrick,

You can do it like this, or you can manually look up the fileid by just
doing a "select * from sysfiles"

declare @fileid int

select @fileid = fileid from sysfiles where name =

dbcc shrinkfile (@fileid)

Note that the name of the file is typically the physical filename without
the .ldf extension. Maybe it's best just to first do "select * from
sysfiles" and then run dbcc shrinkfile