[windows2000] Re: Speaking of Gencontrol

  • From: Jon Spriggs <jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 23:20:54 +0000

I seem to recall problems with GenControl leaving files behind in C:\. Look for
vnc or temp or something similar and delete it (it's a filename like vnctemp).
That should help :)

I got to the point where I had a wrapper script to check for the orphaned files
and deleted them before running GenControl.

Also, ensure you have admin access over the box - it can't start the service
otherwise.

Rgds,

Jon