[windows2000] Re: Sorting snap-ins in MMC?

  • From: "Sorin Srbu" <sorin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2002 11:06:29 +0200

On Wed, 2 Oct 2002 10:58:37 +0200, Dennis Appelboom wrote:

>That's a good question... I would be able to do that, and I would also =
>like it when I could rename the Snap-in apps.
>Currently, I have 6 terminal services connections in one mmc. Each off =
>them have the connections to either the production, acceptance, =
>etc.....platform....But I cannot rename "terminal services =

I've also tried to create folders in the console root, but it can't
do that either. Having several servers to check on, I'd like to
group all those event viewers, services etc, in one toolbox instead
of having several lying around everywhere.

My understanding is that the MMC is more of a
power-user/admin-thing, but being that, it's not very
customisable... 8-(

MS should really look into this...

Is the MMC in winxp just the same as in win2k?

>I do have a lot of problems with the MMC. After connecting to a couple =
>of machines through the terminal services connections, the MMC hangs, or =
>doesn't react to left mouse clicks anymore..... My colleague has the =
>same problem..=20

Haven't had those problems. I have about 2 dozen snap-ins in my
MMC, none of them TSC though.

# Sorin Srbu, Systems Engineer          Web: http://www.farmaci.uu.se
# Dept of Medical Chemistry,            Phone: +46-18-4714482 >> 5 signals >>
# Div of Org Pharm Chem,                        Mobile Phone: +46-701-718023
# BMC, Box 574, Uppsala University      Fax: +46-18-471-4474
# SE-751 23 Uppsala, Sweden             Visit: BMC, Husargatan 3, D5:512b
# Public PGP key available on request.