[windows2000] Re: Software Distribution

  • From: "White, Collin" <cwhite@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 11:10:09 -0500

I have heard those types of thing about SMS, and I see that RIS seems to
focus on deploying an entire OS.  All I really need to do is install a small
client (2-3MB) on about 50 desktops.  Most of my users on the WAN come
through via Terminal Services (Metaframe) so I don't have to worry about
them, I just put it on the server and I am done.  It is the various PC's out
there that I don't have time to visit.  SMS seems like serious overkill for
this.

Collin