[windows2000] Re: Snaking WindowsUpdate Website

  • From: "Sorin Srbu" <Sorin.Srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2003 17:13:48 +0200

You can choose to set the options so that you manually approve all
updates and new patches, before they are deployed.

Check the SUS site at MS for more info.

--Original Message Text---
From: Dave Nelson
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2003 07:29:58 -0700

I've been playing with SUS, but I don't like the idea of the
servers going out and automagically updating themselves...  I want
to sit on a server and actually do the installation myself rather
than have the Automatic Updates service "help me."

-- Dave

>>> GauCra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 09/03/2003 6:42:11 AM >>>

I think that is the whole idea behind MS SUS.  I havent had a
chance to check it out yet, but it is supposed to work pretty well.