[windows2000] Re: Small voltage output from a computer?

  • From: "Costanzo, Ray" <rcostanzo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 10:12:21 -0500

I'm quite curious now too.  I guess one thing you could do is disconnect
the wire from the motherboard to the internal "beep" on the computer and
use the voltage that comes off of that and initiate BEEP when you need
your buzzer to buzz.  I don't know what the voltage is on that wire, I'm
guessing 5V, but if it's something very small, you may need a relay.

> From: Chris McEvoy [mailto:chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]=20
> The serial, parallel or USB ports could be used for this.  I=20
> don't know
> how but if anyone knows I'd be interested to find out ...

the system manager.