[windows2000] Re: Slow Scripts

  • From: "Jim Kenzig http://thethin.net" <jimkenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 08:29:13 -0500

If you are running Citrix move CMStart from the winlogin key in the registry
to the usrlogon.cmd. Here is Rick Macks explanation...
Hi,

Had this problem on one customer site and traced it to cmstart taking just
about forever.

I removed cmstart.exe from appsetup under hlkm\software\microsoft\windows
nt\currentverion\winlogon.

And added a line:

Start /c cmstart.exe

Towards the end of usrlogon.cmd.

Cmstart still takes ages to complete, but it runs in the background and
doesn't stop explorer from initialising reasonably quickly.

Regards,
Rick Mack