[windows2000] Re: Slightly OT:Exchange 5.5 or 2000 on 200 Server

  • From: "Mustafa Ibrahim Abdi" <mustafa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 12:20:54 +0100

To do the migration from 5.5 to Ex2k you will have to have a EX2K box to
migrate all your ex5.5 user mailboxes to. To have EX2K you need Active
Directory and to have the co-existence of 5.5 and AD you will need to change
the LDAP port on your EX5.5 box as Active directory uses the port number 389
by default. You can pick any port number you want, provided it is free and
not a commonly used one, but Microsoft usually recommend 390 anyway for easy
of use, and because I guess it is easy to remember.