[windows2000] Re: Slightly OT: Tales of Two Computers

  • From: "Charles R. Buchanan" <daphatbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 20:27:10 -0700

The BIOS would be different because the first computer has a socket 939
and the second computer has a AM2 socket.

There are many differences. The first computer I can use the RAID
controller, the second one I can't, but I think that has something to do
with AHCI. For some reason(s), when you choose the RAID controller, it
automatically turns on AHCI, which the first computer doesn't. Well, as
far as I can tell it doesn't.

On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 11:11:00 -0700, "Mark Mahnkey" <mark_mahnkey@xxxxxxx> came
up with this: