[windows2000] Re: Several Static IP Address and Linksys Router

  • From: "Costanzo, Ray" <rcostanzo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 14:04:53 -0400

Are you talking about static IP addresses on your own network or out in the
world?  Like, my configuration at home is as such:

DSL moden plugs into WAN port on Router
Router has for WAN or other such Internet IP address as
assigned by my ISP.
Router has for LAN IP address
Servers and workstations are

Ray at work

p.s.  And now I'm confused as I sit here thinking about it.  Wouldn't it
actually be the DSL modem that has the WAN IP address?  But I know that I
specify my WAN ip address in my router's configuration.

the system manager.