[windows2000] Settle an argument (please)

  • From: Mex <mex5150@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 19:21:29 +0000

Hi All

With a network of winXP machines if an extra admin level account is created
will it or will it not affect any existing admin level account?

What has happened where I work a new network was set up with user accounts
on all the machines and user and admin on the main box (both with no
password) a new admin account was created alongside the existing one (this
one has a password). It has since been discovered that Adobe PhotoShop no
longer works on any of the networked machines (no matter which admin
account is logged in).

My opinion is that the new account has no relevance, it's just a coincidence.

One of my colleagues opinion is the new account has somehow changed the
original account and is responsible (if new accounts can alter existing
accounts, this would defeat the object of having separate log-ins would it
not?), he thinks it is because the new account has a password and the
original did not.

Anyway, does anybody have any opinions?

TTFN

Mex