[windows2000] Re: Setting up user on machine

  • From: "Timothy Mangan" <tmangan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 10:38:57 -0400

Steve is correct.  On Office2000 you must use a custom transform to install
under Terminal Services.  Otherwise when the user runs an office app, the
app decides it is not installed correctly and brings back up the MSI
installer to repair.

Microsoft took care of this in the OfficeXP installation, however it is
probably still a good practice to use a customer transform.

tim