[windows2000] Re: Setting up user on machine

  • From: "Steve Rance" <Steve.Rance@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 15:20:02 +0100

I had a similar problem with W2K/WXP machines, specially with outlook.
Everytime a different user logged on to one of these machines the outlook setup
wizard would come up, and I would get a call.

To solve this, I used the Custom Installation Wizard in the Office Resource Kit
to create a MST file that automatically configures Outlook correctly.  I then
reinstalled Office on all the W2K/WXP machines using the MST file.  Now any
user can logon to the PC and go straight into Outlook.

Other default settings are set using .reg files in their logon script.

Hope this helps in some way,

Steve