[windows2000] Send As permission in Exchange 2003

  • From: windows2000.freelists.store@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 12:22:38 +0000

Morning all,

I'm having a little difficulty assigning Send As permission under Exchange 2003.

I have followed the directions as described in the following KB article:-

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=327000

That article related to Exchange 2000, however all the relevant items appear to be in the same place in 2003.

We have a Support mailbox that is monitored by a number of different users. These users all require the Send As permission so that anyone can pick up and respond to a new support request.

I have a created a new Security group, added all of the users in question to that group, and then assigned the Send As permission on the Support folder to that group.

However, when I try to send as the Support user I receive the message:- "You do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation on this object. See the folder contact or your system administrator"

I have tried adding the group with Full Access, and also tried adding individual users instead of the whole group but this does not have any effect.

I am able to assign Send On Behalf Of permission via the Delivery Restrictions under Exchange General, and then the email is sent. However, the header reads something like "From Rob Sharp on the behalf of Support" . I have had a couple of instances of replies sent to mails like this coming in to my own inbox instead of the support inbox, so that does not seem to be an acceptable solution.

Am I doing something totally daft here?

Regards,

Rob Sharp