[windows2000] Re: Securing Files

  • From: "Chris Berry" <compjma@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 17:57:15 -0700

From: "Dean Theophilou" <dino7@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
I was wondering if there is any way to prevent an administrator from
accessing a file.  Obviously, simply using NTFS security won?t work, since
an admin can always take ownership of a file.  Thanks.

You could encrypt it and put the key on removeable media.

Chris Berry
compjma@xxxxxxxxxxx
Systems Administrator
JM Associates

"We are successful when our bosses wonder what it is we do all day." -- Tim Mullen

Cheer a special someone with a fun Halloween eCard from American Greetings! Go to http://www.msn.americangreetings.com/index_msn.pd?source=msne134