[windows2000] Re: SVCHOST.EXE @ 100% Every 5 seconds..

  • From: "Martin, Eddie" <EMartin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 11:49:09 -0500

I just noticed something though... Inside svchost there's something called
Semaphore...  I googled it, and it comes up as an advertising firm...

Now that I know that, I need to figure out how to remove it....

From: Martin, Eddie
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 16:37:25 -0500

Hello All,

I have tried a million and one things to try and get whatever is on my
computer off.  I ran Spybot Search and Destroy, Adawre SE Personal Edition,
CWShredder, HiJack This, and also downloaded about 5 different virus removal
tools from Symantec, ran them all and nothing was found as far as a virus
was concerned.  I am running Windows XP Pro behind a firewall with Symantec
Anti-Virus Corporate Edition.  My pc cpu usage spikes to 100% about every 5
seconds, with svchost.exe being the main culprit.  I have googled this and
it comes up with about 5 billion possibilities about what it could be and
how to fix it.  Does anyone else know what this could be?  BTW: I Also went
into hkey_local_machine, Software, Microsoft, Windows, Current Version, Run,
and removed anything that could possibly be starting up.  If I unplug my
network cable from the computer, it stops so it definately is a trojan of
some sort.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Ive never not been able to get
spyware, or a Trojan off of a pc, so this one is A #1 on the annoying, why
cant I figure this out list!

BW,

Sorin

http://www.farmfak.uu.se/organisk/