[windows2000] Re: SVCHOST.EXE @ 100% Every 5 seconds..

  • From: "Mike Perrin" <perrinm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 17:43:25 -0500

It wouldn't hurt to update your NIC drivers either. Drivers are software
and just like any software they can get broke.

Mike Perrin
Head, Regional Network
Indian and Northern Affairs Canada
Manitoba Region

>>> chris_berry-list-windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 2004-12-10 4:25:20
pm >>>
Did you ever consider that you might have a bad NIC?

Chris Berry
chris_berry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Systems Administrator
JM Associates & Coast Business Service

"The measure of success is not whether you have a tough problem to deal

with, but whether it's the same problem you had last year.  -John
Foster
Dulles"

<EMartin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>

>>Hello All,
>>

>>I have tried a million and one things to try and get whatever is on
my
>>computer off.  I ran Spybot Search and Destroy, Adawre SE Personal
>
> Edition,
>
>>CWShredder, HiJack This, and also downloaded about 5 different virus
>
> removal
>
>>tools from Symantec, ran them all and nothing was found as far as a
virus
>>was concerned.  I am running Windows XP Pro behind a firewall with
>
> Symantec
>
>>Anti-Virus Corporate Edition.  My pc cpu usage spikes to 100% about
every

> 5
>
>>seconds, with svchost.exe being the main culprit.  I have googled
this and
>>it comes up with about 5 billion possibilities about what it could be
and
>>how to fix it.  Does anyone else know what this could be?  BTW: I
Also

> went
>
>>into hkey_local_machine, Software, Microsoft, Windows, Current
Version,