[windows2000] Re: SV: Re: Windows XP causing broadcast storm on network

  • From: Jim.Walls@xxxxxxx
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 09:57:15 -0800

"Sorin Srbu"  wrote:
> Wasn't there an issue with ppl not being able to actually buy
> the pro version unless you want more than five licenses and
> then you had to prove you actually work for a corporation, or
> some such??

Not that I ever heard of.  I bought a new Dell computer for home earlier
this year and ordered it with Win XP Pro with no questions asked.  I also
bought from Amazon a copy of Win XP Pro to be installed on a different home
computer with no questions asked.
BTW, in case anyone is wondering why I bought Pro for my home network (and
am running it as a workgroup), it is because I will shortly convert it to a
domain.

Jim Walls - K6CCC
k6ccc@xxxxxxxxx
Mobile Radio Operations