[windows2000] Re: SV: Re: Windows XP causing broadcast storm on network

  • From: "Sorin Srbu" <Sorin.Srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 09:11:59 +0100

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 16:27:31 +0100, Svein Arild Haugum wrote:

>If there were no cheap version of XP for homeusers, people would be
>complaining about the price a home-user had to pay for it.
>There can be nothing better than Microsoft making home editions. Of software.
>
>and why on earth would a home-user use a domain, or pay for active directory
>related functions?

No reason.

I just expressed my feelings about the crippled version...

>>>ThanksI agree. I don't quite see why MS would like to have several
>>version of the client os. To simplify for users at home? Weeeell...

BW,

Sorin

# Sorin Srbu, Systems Engineer          Web: http://www.farmfak.uu.se/organisk/
# Dept of Medicinal Chemistry,          Phone: +46 (0)18-4714482 >> 5 signals
>> GSM
# Div of Org Pharm Chem,                        Mobile Phone: +46 (0)701-718023
# BMC, Box 574, Uppsala University      Fax: +46 (0)18-4714474
# SE-751 23 Uppsala, Sweden             Visit: BMC, Husargatan 3, D5:512b
#
# Public PGP key available on request.
#
# ()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail
# /\
#
#
# Harmless tagline follows:
#
# Heisenbug = teknikfel som illustrerar Heisenbergs
osäkerhetsprincip ? ibland finns det där, ibland inte.