[windows2000] SV: OT - Kix

  • From: "Svein Arild Haugum" <svein@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 17:14:20 +0200

I have created a simple solution wich has been a huge success (read:
full stop in support calls regarding printer connections)

I have a sentral startmenu, wich is generated at login, depending on
group memberships. This eased the deployment of the startmenu items.

In this startmenu I have created a Printer folder, with a three
containing regions then printers by name.
(Ex: Start - Programs - Printer - North - Northpole_Marketing or Start -
Programs - Printer - Vest - Oslo_IT)

All printer objects in the startmenu is a batch file refering to the
con2prn tool from the resourcekit.

Now all a user has to do to connect to a printer he has no clue on what
name/printserver, all he has to do is find it in the three. Another tip
is to create a batch to delete all printers, to clean up things for
users who connect to a lot of printers.

Mvh
Svein Arild

  _____