[windows2000] SV: FSMO Roles and the Global Catalog

  • From: "Svein Arild Haugum" <svein@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 10:46:34 +0100

1.      move the infrastructure role by rightclicking "active directory users
and computers" in the left pane in the active directory users and computers
MMC, and choose operations masters. then select the infrastructure tab.

2.      add a GC in the active directory sites and services MMC, find the
server you want to add, expand it, right click NTDS settings, and there you can
define it to be a GC.

you can also seize a fsmo role, but that is another topic, let me know if you
need info on this.

Mvh
Svein Arild