[windows2000] SV: Active Directory Defaults for users

  • From: "Svein Arild Haugum" <svein@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 18:43:35 +0100

Not sure if this will fit your need, but I'll give it a try.

On the domain controller you will find a commandline tool called ldifde, this
tool can modify AD objects.

You can make a script running every 5 minute and resetting the logonscript
value for all users, or just the users in a OU.

I have never tried, but I think you can modify the security for objects you
dont want to modify. Say you have a custom script for a user, then you can put
deny on that object for the user wich runs the script.

I use this tool to 'mass-edit' stuff in AD. Works nice.

Mvh
Svein Arild