[windows2000] Re: SUS Question

  • From: Bill Beckett <Bill.beckett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 10:52:02 -0400

Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: Sullivan, Glenn [mailto:GSullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, August 04, 2004 10:47 AM
To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [windows2000] Re: SUS Question

SUS only support Windows 2000 and Windows XP.

But, to answer the question, ANY Win2K or WinXP machine, regardless of the
subnet or domain membership.  It just must have port 80 access to the SUS
server.

Glenn Sullivan, MCSE+I  MCDBA
David Clark Company Inc.

  _____

From: windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bill Beckett
Posted At: Wednesday, August 04, 2004 10:39 AM
Posted To: Windows 2000
Conversation: [windows2000] SUS Question
Subject: [windows2000] SUS Question

Have not used SUS, so my question is....can updates/patches be pushed down
from a 2000 server to ANY pc on the same subnet or does the workstation have
to be part of the domain. We have alot of Win98 machines that aren't in the
domain as they are used mainly as dumb terminals to connect to our Citrix
boxes.