[windows2000] STOP error after Windows XP upgrade

  • From: "Ron Leach" <rleach@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 11:11:17 -0400

Good Morning,

I was using the verifier.exe tool to verify some drivers and it prompted me
to re-boot.  I did and after that the system would appear to boot fine until
it got to the desktop and then the system reboots itself.  It continues this
cycle.

Well, I thought let's try to re-install Windows XP.  I chose the upgrade
option.  Everything seemed to be going well and then during the reboot I
received the following:

A device driver attempting to corrupt the system has been caught.  The
faulty driver currently on the kernel stack must be replaced with a working
version.

STOP: 0x000000C4 (0x00000060,0x00000000,0x00000090,0x00000003)

The system will not allow me to boot into safe mode because it says it is in
setup mode.

How can I remove the faulty driver?

Thanks for the help.  I am pretty desperate at this point!!

Ron