[windows2000] Re: Routing via a Windows PC

  • From: "Sullivan, Glenn" <GSullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 11:57:42 -0500

In order to do that, AT&T would have to enable "Split Tunneling" for
your inbound connection.

If you can get them to do that, let me know, because I want to sell all
of my AT&T stock, and leave them as a telephone provider, because they
don't have a clue about security...

You see, if they allow a split tunnel, anyone on your internal network
can route traffic through the connecting computer, which is what you
want.

BUT, this also includes worm traffic, virus traffic, hack traffic, etc.
And then accountability goes right out the window, never mind secure
control.

Sorry man... It looks like you are SOL.

The only workaround I can think of is to write your own app that gathers
info from the users, and dumps it to a Database.  Then another app on
the Communications Server picks up that data and does the connecting...

Glenn Sullivan, MCSE+I  MCDBA
David Clark Company Inc.