[windows2000] Re: Replacing DC with another DC

  • From: "Sorin Srbu" <sorin.srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 09:01:13 +0100

Sullivan, Glenn <> scribbled on Monday, November 14, 2005 5:57 PM:

> "Can I use robocopy.exe to move all the folders with permissions to
the new
> box?"
> Yes, that is what I do.  Use the /sec option, or the /mir option if
> prefer.

You sure the /MIR switch implies that all security settings are
transferred too? Couldn't find the specifics in the robocopy

If it's important that the sec settings are transferred, I'd use both
the /SEC and the /MIR switch.

New Site from The Kenzig Group!
Windows Vista Links, list options
and info are available at: