[windows2000] Re: Replacing DC with another DC

  • From: "Sorin Srbu" <sorin.srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 09:01:13 +0100

Sullivan, Glenn <> scribbled on Monday, November 14, 2005 5:57 PM:

> "Can I use robocopy.exe to move all the folders with permissions to
the new
> box?"
> Yes, that is what I do.  Use the /sec option, or the /mir option if
you
> prefer.

You sure the /MIR switch implies that all security settings are
transferred too? Couldn't find the specifics in the robocopy
documentation.

If it's important that the sec settings are transferred, I'd use both
the /SEC and the /MIR switch.