[windows2000] Remote Win98 logging onto W2K AD Server via vpn

  • From: thethin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 19:18:29 -0400 (EDT)

We have a linux vpn running between the host and remote sites.  I can ping
and even net view shares on the server, but my workstations running
Win98 SE can't find the domain when we try to authenticate.  Any ideas
what we may be missing?

The Server is running WINS and DNS.  The linux
server on the remote side is providing DNS for it's location and is
pushing the WINS and DNS settings for the Server.  The linux servers on
each side is running Redhat 7.3 and cipe VPN using IPTables.