[windows2000] Re: Remote Assistance/Desktop

  • From: "Sorin Srbu" <sorin.srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 16:08:26 +0100

Dogers <> scribbled on Wednesday, November 09, 2005 3:44 PM:

I know what you mean...

Anyway, I wouldn't unblock the VNC ports in the company firewall if I
were you, and that's what you mean?

VNC is well-known to crackers and hackers... Granted, you can lock it
down using white-lists and stuff, but I'd still rather see a way to
initiate a mail-remote-desktop-session and yadda, yadda, yadda, using an
already built-in program. I really with Microsoft could point its wand
over the rdp-clients and do some magic. 8-/

> Yeah, I remember you asking, was hoping we had found an answer! Guess
> bah!
> Whats annoyed me is just now we tried doing one WITH an invite and it
> wanting to kick the user off anyway!
> Will have to get VNC unblocked on the firewall I guess :(
> Andrew
> On 09/11/05, Sorin Srbu <sorin.srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Dogers <> scribbled on Wednesday, November 09, 2005 3:38 PM:
> I asked the same thing a while back, but didn't really come any
> conclusion. Anyway, I'd like to do this too.
>> Anyone know if theres a way to connect to an XP machines console
>> without logging off the current user? I know the user can send an
>> and ask you to connect, but is there a way to connect without the
>> sending the initial invite?

New Site from The Kenzig Group!
Windows Vista Links, list options
and info are available at: