[windows2000] Re: Reg key Location

  • From: Bill Beckett <Bill.beckett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 13:12:31 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Ibrahim, Mustafa [mailto:Mustafa.Ibrahim@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, October 05, 2004 1:10 PM
To: 'windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: [windows2000] Re: Reg key Location

System automatically checks locations specified under the following registry
key for all device drivers, including printer drivers, networks cards, sound
cards, etc.
The string called "DevicePath" which is located under
KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion is where you
specify the path to driver location.
An example of an entry would be
%SystemRoot%\inf;%SystemRoot%\drv\nic;%SystemRoot%\drv\sound  and so on.
I am not quite certain as it has been a while since I used this, but it
maybe a requirement to include %SystemRoot%
Good luck mate